All personnel who work with us will adhere to our Operating Principles and Code of Ethics, and possess accredited professional skills to provide the following services:
- Workplace and personal counselling
- Professional / career planning and development
- Organisational change support including restructuring and redundancy support
- Critical Incident stress management support
- Team skills development
- Professional supervision and management coaching
- Mediation and facilitation.
EAPworks’ Operating Principles
Being part of EAPworks is to be committed to the following principles in our dealings with our clients and each other:
- Work with people for their empowerment.
- To promote the positve wellbeing of any organisation we work with.
- Demonstrate through practical behaviour the values of mutual respect, team accountability, honesty, open communication, collaboration, and integrity.
- Respect diversity and model inclusiveness.
- Value initiative and creativity.
- Provide excellence in service and to build and promote a quality image of EAPWorks.
- Respect and encourage the spiritual journey of others.
- Reward excellence in the achievement of our objectives.
- Strive for the highest standards of professionalism.
EAPworks’ Code of Ethics
All EAPworks’ personnel are committed to:
- The belief in the dignity, worth, and sacredness of each individual human being and will actively support any policy or practice that enhances this.
- The holistic nature of every person – physical, mental, social, emotional, spiritual.
- Ensuring the freedom and basic rights of individuals regardless of custom, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, political opinion, financial position, creed, status or ability.
- Respecting an individual’s right to privacy and ensuring confidentiality is maintained in any contractual dealings with clients. Confidential information will only be shared when the client has given express permission to do so; when there is a clear danger to the health or wellbeing of the individual or another person; when there is any danger to property. The limits of confidentiality should be clearly defined in any support service offered by EAPworks.
- Ensuring that individuals participate in any referral/support service on the basis of fully informed willing consent.
- Providing a service in an environment which is non-threatening, non-coercive, non-judgmental and non-punitive.
- Fostering maximum wellbeing in any individual or relationship.
- Acting with professionalism and integrity in all client dealings. There is a commitment to not abuse any position by taking advantage of clients for any personal, professional, political, financial or sexual gain.
- Acting within the limits of their professional competence and contractual responsibilities and to developing an awareness of their own personal limitations so as to provide responsible support to clients. Referring clients to specialist agencies may be necessary or desirable.
- Ensuring their own personal or professional wellbeing and development.
- Terminating the service to clients appropriately when desired or necessary, in a professional manner.
- Promoting and maintaining positive and professional collegial relationships.
- Promoting positive co-operative relationships with others in professional therapeutic services or agencies.
- Taking action through appropriate channels should there be any breach of the above ethical principles or practices.